Fashion and cinema are two faces of the same coin. One can not complete either of them without the other. From period drama to musical to action movies, filmmakers of Bollywood have used costumes and varied ensembles to bring life into their characters.
Time and time again, Bollywood divas have transformed the way the fashion scene looked. They have used fashion as a weapon to give more dimension to their characters. Be it Madhubala’s iconic anarkali or Sharmila Tagore’s blue bikini that created a storm at that time or Deepika’s all golden look in Bajirao Mastani – the avatars adopted by the celebrities have shaped the fashion revolution in our country.
Not only these looks are classy but also add to the different layers of fashion that the world has witnessed. These looks are iconic and will be remembered by the upcoming generations. Trends come and go, but these looks remained iconic and will surely never go out of style.
Let’s go down the memory lane and take a look at these 20 historic looks from the Bollywood movies.
1) Madhubala’s gorgeous anarkali in Mughal-e-Azam
2) Sharmila Tagore’s sky blue bikini in An Evening In Paris
3) Dimple Kapadia’s classic polka dot co-ord from Bobby
4) Zeenat Aman’s famous hippie look from Hare Krishna Hare Ram
5) Mumtaz’s orange drape from Brahmchari
6) Sridevi’s enchanting blue saree from Mr. India
7) Raveena Tandon’s yellow saree with frill blouse from Mohra
8) Urmila Matondkar’s gorgeous matching co-ords
9) Madhuri Dixit’s emerald green lehenga from Hum Apke Hain Kaun
10) Kajol’s classic white suit with bandhani dupatta from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
11) Kareena Kapoor Khan’s beautiful pastel colored lehenga from Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gam
12) Sushmita Sen ravishing sarees from Main Hoon Na
13) Rani Mukherjee’s unique long shirt and patiala combo from Bunty Aur Babli
14) Sonam Kapoor’s high fashion look from Aisha
15) Priyanka Chopra’s sizzling golden saree from Dostana
16) Alia Bhatt’s multicolored sarees and gajra look from 2 States
17) Anushka Sharma’s kurti and jeans and statement earrings from Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
18) Deepika’s elegant kurti palazzo and scarf look from Piku