Last month, Facebook made a big announcement about new feature called Messenger Rooms for Facebook Messenger that would enable users to interact with WhatsApp and Instagram users directly without having to leave their respective apps. Later, the feature was spotted in the beta version of Android based Whatsapp. Recently, WhatsApp explained everything about the working of the feature for android devices.
Explaining about the basics of the new feature, FAQ page of Whatsapp mentions, “Messenger Rooms allows you to call and spend time together with family, friends, and people you share interests with. Using the Messenger app or by opening the Messenger website in your mobile or web browser, you can create rooms where larger groups can be on a video chat.”
Detailing about the feature works, the FAQ page mentions, “You can then send invite links to your contacts and group chats in WhatsApp so they can join these rooms, even if they don’t have a Facebook account or the Messenger app.”
Let me explain it you in eight simple steps:
- Open Whatsapp and move to the calls tab.
- Click on create a room option. Or you can also open an individual chat > tap on the paperclip menu > tap on Rooms option.
- A pop-up window will appear. Just tap on continue on Messenger option. Now, click on the Try it option.
- Click on Create the room as (type the name you want for the room) option.
- To reopen Whatsapp, click on Send link on Whatsapp option.
- Now just search or select contact on group chat that you want to accompany you in the room. Share the room link with your contact or group chat that you want. Click on the screen on the screen.
- Now, you will see the link with a text field where you can customize your message.
- Click on the send button and you are all set.
However, it must be mentioned here that this option is currently not available on the Whatsapp’s main app yet. It is expected to be launched soon.