Make the most out of turmeric by making this healthy and delish golden milk turmeric tea that will make you fall in love with it.
How to Make Golden Milk Turmeric Tea
STEP 1: PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS
Turmeric tea, is an Indian recipe that have been a part of the Indian kitchen since ages. The turmeric tea or golden milk is now making its way to the west. It has managed to create a hype in the western countries because of its tremendous health benefits. This tea recipe is a magical amalgamation of turmeric with other healthy spices like ginger and cinnamon.
1 cup water
1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
1 cinnamon, (3-inch stick)
1 tsp dried turmeric
½ inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
½ tbsp honey
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
¼ tsp black peppercorns, whole
STEP 2: PREPARE THE EQUIPMENT
To make this recipe, you first need to prepare a saucepan in order to keep the turmeric pure when cooked. Also, get ready with your mug and a fine-mesh strainer to pour your golden milk when ready.
STEP 3: MAKE THE TEA
The ingredients we took, will equal to two cups of golden milk. If you wish to increase the amount, adjust the recipe accordingly. To get your perfect golden milk, just follow the steps:
1) Whisk all the ingredients in a saucepan gently and boil it on a low flame.
2) Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
3) Pour into your bags by using a fine mesh strainer.
4) Add some cinnamon powder as topping. Your golden milk is good to go.
It can be consumed at any time of the day, but we recommend to drink it before bedtime. It will assist you in getting a deep sleep.
BENEFITS OF GOLDEN MILK
• It’s anti-inflammatory properties are magical which makes it perfect to help with chronic inflammation.
• It is loaded with antioxidants that will reduce the number of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species in the body. Thus, it helps in reducing ageing signs.
• It provides immune system a good boost.
• It has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral activities.